Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My Wedding Anniversary Goes Awry

Sunday would have been our tenth wedding anniversary, I really didnt know how I was going to handle it or how I was going to feel.

Normally my Sundays are spent listening to bands and ending up at a beach bar, a few beers and wines are generally consumed. 

I really didnt fancy doing that so I thought I would go for a nice drive in the Jag, then would spend a couple of hours in the late arvo  watching Man Utd play in the pub. 

Earlier in the day I walked the doggies and had a coffee at a local cafe, one of the staff (Lily) is a very good friend and knows how low I was a few weeks ago.  I was telling her of my plans, she said if I wanted to go for dinner or a drink later she would happily join me. I replied no I will just spend it on my own and have a quiet one......... More of that later!    




So back to the wedding anniversary, we got married on 14th May 2007 at The Little Church Of The West in Las Vegas.

We only had two guests.... Jane and Andy, who were friends from Macclesfield, Elaine and Jane went to school together.

After the wedding we had drinks and wedding cake in our room, then had dinner in the lovely Bellagio hotel which was the hotel where we where staying .

Below are a few pics of that lovely day....















Back to the present day, the doggies were loaded in the back of the Shaguar and off I went on my mini road trip.

It was a lovely day, I just drove inland and stopped at little villages whenever I fancied it and went walkabout. 


Heading back down the mountain towards Mojacar and home. 

Whilst I was up in one of the villages a little voice in my head (Elaine) said dont mope and feel sorry for yourself, so I called Lily and said yep Im up for dinner later, I will pick you up at 20.30.

I dropped the dogs off at home then drove down to the pub watch Man Utd, the game was crap, they lost!

I left the pub at 19.30  so I could go home and smarten myself up for dinner.

When I walked towards the car I nearly died.....Some twat had smacked into my unmarked lovely car!

I went back into the bar to tell Jay the Landlord what had happened, he was just shutting up for the night. He came outside and noticed a note on the screen.   


He had smacked in the rear door and wheel arch and apparently taken off up the road, luckily for me my car was parked outside a bar where lots of people watched the POS (Piece of Shit) hit my car and take off, unfortunately for him he was held up by traffic so they got his reg number and type of car etc.




Jay has lived in Spain since he was a teenager and is fluent in Spanish, he called the cops, and ten minutes later the cops pulled up.

We showed them the note and within minutes they had found all his details on their car computer, they rang him and told him they were coming up for a chat, ten minutes later they returned with the POS driving his battered POS.

The witnesses had said he backed into my car, and to me it was pretty obvious looking at the rear corner of the car that this was the POS and his POS car.

As he got out of his car I asked him whilst only swearing slightly why the fck did you just drive off, his response was I dont speak English!! Later on he was talking to Jay in fluent English!!

The POS was of Pakistani origin, not saying that in a racial way, that's what the cops told us when they were checking out his details on their computer, I still prefer the term POS (Piece of Shit)


He denied that he hit my car he denied that he was driving, he totally denied everything put to him.

The cops lined his car up next to mine and the damaged lined up perfectly, but their concern was that there was no red paint on his car. Without that it was a bit dodgy, they then said to the POS why was the car filthy except the area where he had hit my car, they looked inside his boot and found polish and rags, the POS had polished the red off of his car. The cops were so pissed off because they knew it was him but he just stood there smirking. Then bingo the cop scraped red paint off of his rear light lens, got you you lying POS.

They were so thorough taking photos etc, basically they hated being lied to by the POS.


Finally after 2 hours he admitted it, but only by saying to the cop If you said I hit it then I must of!

The cops then said our job is done, so fill out your accident reports we are off, the POS then says he can't read or write!! The cops were fuming, no probs they said we will fill it out and you can sign it, then the POS then started reading out his insurance details, what a rotten POS he was in all aspects. After three hours we were sorted but only thanks to two fantastic cops, my mate Jay the translator and the people sat outside the bar, I owe them all big time.

In the meantime I had been messaging Lily saying if you want to cancel its no problem, but no the lovely girl she is said just come whenever you are finished.....We sat down in the restaurant at 22.30!  I had a lovely night, we went to a bar after dinner and I ended getting home at 04.00.

Monday morning I was up early and straight down to the insurance office in Mojacar, they were great, they filled out all the forms and took the accident sheet etc. They told me to take it to the local smash repair place and leave it with them, and they would get an assessor out asap.

This morning (Tuesday) I had a call from the main insurance office in Gibraltar, they had received all the paperwork, it was a cut and dried case, and that the assessor would go around later in the day and give the go ahead for the repairs to be carried out, they told me to relax do nothing and they would chase up the POS insurers for the cost etc. I wouldn't lose any no claims etc......RESULT!

I really didn't care about the damage to the car, it's just a car, it was just the POS that lied and lied and lied.  As I said you could tell that this POS was and had always been a snake and would be a lying snake until his dying day.

It was a strange wedding anniversary.

I Love you Elaine xxxxxxx



4 comments:

  1. Not the day you had planned Paul, but a good result at the end of the day. How wise of Elaine to tell you to go out and have some fun. Not sure I can do 04:00 to go to bed these days though!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good job they were on the ball outside the bar. It wasn't as if he was uninsured but I suppose he didnt want to lose his NCB.. If that works out there.

    So pleased your evening ended so well, you have some wonderful friends Paul and they care..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it all ended well and yes I have some fantastic friends down here xx

      Delete